Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Exisle Publishing is a publisher of general non-fiction books on a wide range of subjects, including history, self-help, health, popular psychology, business, current affairs, travel, cooking, gardening, biography, leisure and lifestyle.
Please note: we do not publish poetry, nor do we usually publish fiction, educational or academic books.
We welcome submissions and suggestions for publishing from literary agents and from new and established authors. All submissions and publishing ideas, no matter what market they are intended for, should be sent to your nearest office. If in doubt send to Australia.
To ensure that appropriate attention is given to your submission we request the following:
- Manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced, in an easy-to-read typeface, with a wide margin, printed out and sent as hard copy. Make sure pages are numbered. Do not submit manuscripts online, by email or via a website.
- If your proposed book includes photographs, please include a selection of photocopied photographs (not originals), and indicate if you will be supplying transparencies or digital files if the book is accepted for publication.
- Your manuscript should be accompanied by:
- A written proposal (we suggest 2 – 4 pages), explaining why your book should be published, who will buy the book (i.e. the intended audience), and why and how it is different from other books on the subject (be specific and refer to any competing titles that you know of).
- A chapter breakdown of the contents of the manuscript (normally 1–2 pages).
- A list of any previous work you have had published and some background information about yourself. Specify your qualifications for writing the book.
- If you are submitting a book proposal (rather than a complete manuscript), write a complete sample chapter to accompany the proposal, together with your introduction to the book.
Note: In all cases make sure that you include full contact details: name, address, phone and fax numbers and email address.
Should you wish to have your material returned, please provide addressed pre-paid packaging. Manuscripts submitted without return postage will be destroyed.
NB: Exisle does not carry insurance for submitted manuscripts, so always keep a copy of your work.
We receive hundreds of submissions every month and all manuscripts are carefully read and assessed, but we can only respond to those who are successful as otherwise far too much time would be taken up sending out ‘no thanks ‘ letters. If we do not contact you within three months of submission, just assume that we have decided not to pursue your manuscript and we will not be directly in touch.
Please send all New Zealand manuscripts to:
EXISLE PUBLISHING LTD
PO BOX 60490
For Australian and International titles, please send to the Australian Office:
EXISLE PUBLISHING LTD
NARONE CREEK ROAD